NEWS & EVENTS
Virtualisation v Private Cloud
As organisations consider which route to take they have to look closely at which is better to meet their business needs Full Story >
SaaS replacing Legacy Systems
Companies are not only buying into SaaS (Software as a Service) more than ever, they are also ripping out legacy on-premises applications and replacing them with SaaS, according to analyst firm Gartner. Full Story >
Subscribe to our newsletter for a monthly update on what's happening in technology & business.
Citrix XenDesktop 5 is here!
Citrix are releasing their next version of XenDesktop this month, replacing XenDesktop 4.x.
There are reasons to upgrade for both I.T. Administrator, Support staff and the end user. Simplified installation and better management tools for the Administrator, a new helpdesk interface for Support staff and improvements for the end user providing a better, more flexible and easier working environment to get the job done.
So why upgrade? What’s new?
- A new console administrative console, Desktop Studio, which allows administrators to quickly build, test and update desktop images in one place.
- A new helpdesk interface, Desktop Director for desktop management for monitoring, troubleshooting and fixing virtual desktops.
- A new (improved) installation process.
- Improvements to the universal client, Citrix Receiver (printing engine, colour and XenVault plugin).
- Seamless integration of Windows, web and SaaS when using the Citrix Receiver.
- Offline virtualisation with XenClient.
For more details on what’s new - http://www.citrix.com/English/ps2/products/subfeature.asp?contentID=2300411
Currently, XenDesktop 4 lifecycle is set for 16 November 2013 for End of Maintenance and 16 May 2014 for End of Life.
For more information, contact a NewBase Consultant - we will be happy to work out an upgrade solution for you.
Interested - Click Here